Newcastle vs Cardiff Prediction, Betting Tips & Preview
MATCH DATE: 19th January 2019
KICK OFF: 06.00 PM
VENUE: St. James Park
- Newcastle United host Cardiff City in a low-profile relegation six-pointer on Saturday afternoon at St. James’ Park.
- This is a very important match for both teams who are struggling badly for consistency in this term of the Premier League.
- These two sides have the second and the third weakest defensive records in the entire competition. Only rock-bottomed Huddersfield Town scored fewer goals in twenty-two games.
- Robin van der Laan’s troops will come into the affair with improved confidence following a 2-4 victory over Championship side Blackburn Rovers in Tuesday’s FA Cup replay at Ewood Park.
- The Magpies scored only seven goals in eleven home fixtures so far in the season. They bagged just two goals in last five league ties.
- The Bluebirds are outside the drop zone, but with only a single-point cushion ahead of the Magpies who sit 18th in the league ladder.
- Cardiff notched only one in past five games across competitions. They only scored six in ten away outings in this term of Premier League where they earned one win, two draws and seven defeats in the process.
Newcastle vs Cardiff Prediction: Head to head
Their last five meetings ended with three Newcastle wins, one Cardiff win and one goalless draw.
Newcastle vs Cardiff Prediction:
Under 2.5 Goals
Newcastle Win or Draw
OUR PREDICTION:Newcastle Win or Draw