Portugal vs Germany Prediction: Sportpesa Mega Jackpot Predictions
- Portugal opened their campaign in emphatic style with a 3-0 win over Hungary. The reigning champions struggled in the better part of the match to break down a well-drilled Hungary backline.
- The introduction of Renato Sanches in the middle of the park brought the much-needed spark that changed the game.
- That win saw Fernando Santos’s side extend their unbeaten run to seven matches of five wins and two draws.
- Germany were left frustrated in their opening fixture against world champions France felling to a 1-0 loss.
- Jochim Low side performed better than many expected in their opening game. However, they struggled in the final third and lacked a poacher to put them on the scoresheet.
- The last meeting these two came in the 2014 World Cup when Germany ran out 4-0 winners thanks to a Thomas Muller hat-trick.
Portugal lacked dynamism in the first game perhaps due to the pivot of Carvalho and Danilo. One of them is expected to drop and accommodate either Renato or Moutinho.
Apart from Cancelo covid-19 related case, Santos has a fully fit squad.
Ginter and Hofman are doubtful ahead of Saturday’s match. Goretzka has a chance of being fit for Saturday’s clash.
Timo Werner and Leroy Sane will push for starts as Low tries to look for a solution in the Germany attack that looked out of depth and quality.
Portugal vs Germany Prediction: Current Form
Portugal vs Germany Prediction: Standing
Predictions From Other Sites
Portugal are the slight favorite to clinch this tie with their talented pull of players at their disposal.
Germany lacked the cutting edge in the first match but showed some glimpse in the second half of the France match.
We should expect a balanced game with the side that is clinical in front of goal carrying the day.