Wales vs Switzerland Prediction: Sportpesa Mega Jackpot Predictions
- Wales took everyone by surprise five years ago when they stormed to the semi-finals of the Euros 2016 only to be stopped by the eventual winners Portugal.
- The Dragons will kick off their Euro 2020 Against Switzerland on Saturday hoping to continue where they left off.
- Robert Page, the assistant coach will be the stand-in coach for Ryan Giggs who steps aside due to an ongoing court case.
- The Welsh side will count on the quality of Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, And Dan James to navigate Group A where Turkey and Italy are touted as the two to qualify for the next round.
- Switzerland reached the last 16 of the Euro 2016 and the 2018 World Cup under Vladimir Petrovic who will be in charge for the third major tournament.
- The Swiss have no stand-out star heading into the Euro 2020 but have plenty of experience and quality individuals to see them through in a balanced group.
- Grant Xhaka and Shaqiri are the stand-out names to look upon with young explosive Embolo expected to have the much-needed pace on the flanks.
- There are negatives though as the Swiss – now ranked 13th in the world – have seen in a different form in the opening game of their four European Championship appearances to date (W1, D2, L1), and they’re winless in their last ten internationals vs countries currently ranked 18th or better (D4, L6 – includes penalty shoot-outs).
- The last time these two met was back in 2011 and Wales won 2-0.
- There have been four meetings between these two with the Swiis with the upper under.
Wales vs Switzerland team news
Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Adam Davies.
Defenders: Connor Roberts, Neco Williams, Chris Gunter, Joe Rodon, Ethan Ampadu, Chris Mepham, Ben Cabango, Ben Davies, Rhys Norrington-Davies, Tom Lockyer.
Midfielders: Joe Allen, Joe Morrell, Matthew Smith, Jonny Williams, Aaron Ramsey, Dylan Levitt, Rubin Colwill, Harry Wilson.
Forwards: Daniel James, David Brooks, Tyler Roberts, Gareth Bale, Kieffer Moore.
Goalkeepers: Yann Sommer, Jonas Omlin, Yvon Mvogo.
Defenders: Fabian Schar, Ricardo Rodriguez, Manuel Akanji, Nico Elvedi, Jordan Lotomba, Becir Omeragic, Silvan Widmer, Loris Benito, Kevin Mbabu, Eray Comert.
Midfielders: Granit Xhaka, Xherdan Shaqiri, Steven Zuber, Denis Zakaria, Remo Freuler, Edimilson Fernandes, Djibril Sow.
Forwards: Haris Seferovic, Admir Mehmedi, Breel Embolo, Mario Gavranovic, Ruben Vargas, Christian Fassnacht.
Wales vs Switzerland Prediction: Current Form
Wales vs Switzerland Prediction: Standing
Predictions From Other Sites
Switzerland coach believes the opening game against Wales is key for a side hampered by injuries and a lack of match fitness.
Wales are well aware if they are to qualify into the next round then they can’t afford to lose this one as this match looks the easiest at least on paper.
That said, we expect a close affair with a draw looking like the most likely outcome.