Getafe vs Espanyol Prediction: Sportpesa Mega Jackpot Predictions
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 17
Date: 15 January 2023, Sunday
Kick-off at 16:00 EAT
Venue: Coliseum Alfonso Perez (Getafe) .
- Espanyol and Getafe will meet on Sunday, with Espanyol currently on a seven-game winless streak and sitting in 19th place with 14 points.
- Getafe is in 13th place with 17 points just two points above the drop zone.
- The hosts are in a tough spot, having only won two out of their last ten La Liga games, with four draws and four losses.
- Their next few games will be challenging, with matches against Barcelona, Betis, and Atlético. However, they are at least playing at home, where they have been unbeaten in their last three La Liga games, with one win and two draws.
- This presents an opportunity for them to win consecutive home league games for the first time since February 2022.
- In their last encounter, Espanyol emerged victorious with a 2-0 score.
- Espanyol may have a tough time facing Getafe, considering their poor record in their last seven La Liga contests at Getafe, with five draws and two losses.
- This has contributed to their poor away record this season, with only one win, five draws and two losses. They haven’t won a head-to-head match at Getafe in nearly ten years, with two draws and five losses.
- However, they did beat Getafe 2-0 the last time they met, and Espanyol’s ability to grind out points could be useful as they are one point from safety.
- Their last three away league games ended in a 1-1 draw and Getafe has failed to score more than once in four of their last six league games, so a similar scoreline in this match wouldn’t be a surprise.
- Getafe’s Borja Mayoral and Enes Ünal have been crucial players, with four goals each, while Espanyol’s Joselu has scored nine goals and is the league’s second-highest scorer. Getafe has a three-match home unbeaten streak and Espanyol has a six-match away winless streak.
- Both teams have had mixed results in their recent league matches.
Last Five Meetings
Getafe vs Espanyol Prediction: Standing
Home & Away Matches
Predictions From Other Sites