Lens vs Marseille Prediction: Sportpesa Mega Jackpot Predictions
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 34
Date: 06 May 2023, Saturday
Kick-off at 22:00 EAT
Venue: Stade Bollaert-Delelis (Lens).
- Lens manager Franck Haise’s Lens team are in the midst of a “big push for the podium” after securing a 1-0 win against Toulouse on Tuesday, marking their sixth win in seven Ligue 1 games (L1).
- The win put them eight points clear of fourth-placed Monaco with only five games remaining.
- They will now face Marseille in a crucial “six-pointer,” where a win would allow them to surpass their opponents and take second place.
- Lens fans are hopeful for their team’s first top-two finish in Ligue 1 since 2001/02, but they face a challenge against Marseille, who have not lost in their previous four H2Hs at Stade Bollaert-Delelis (D1, L3).
- Lens’ home performances have been key to their success, as they sit at the top of the Ligue 1 home standings (W14, D1, L1).
- Marseille narrowly avoided their first league loss in over two months with two late goals against Auxerre (2-1) last weekend.
- This win, combined with PSG’s loss against Lorient, revived the race for the Ligue 1 title as OM now trail the league leaders by only five points.
- However, coach Igor Tudor remained cautious, stating that they’ll “see what happens.”
- Despite conceding first, Tudor’s team has demonstrated their ability to recover from poor starts, contributing to the division’s best average point return (1.5) after conceding first this campaign (W5, D3, L4).
- Marseille’s impressive away campaign (W12, D3, L1) could be key to avoiding their first losing league double against Lens in over 20 years after their 1-0 H2H home defeat in October.
Last Five Meetings
Home & Away Matches
Predictions From Other Sites