Millwall vs Stoke City Prediction: Sportpesa Mega Jackpot Predictions
- Millwall will play hosts to Stoke for the opening fixture of this season’s championship.
- The Lions have failed to break into the top six with top-half finishes in the last three seasons.
- Gary Rowett’s side will be looking for a strong start having failed to win their opening two matches in the previous terms.
- The hosts were involved in five friendly matches managing two wins two draws and one defeat.
- Millwall had a strong home record last season winning 13 matches six draws and four defeats and finishing behind Fulham and Bournemouth in the home form rankings.
- Stoke City come into this match with a poor record on the opening fixtures with a winless record that runs back to 2009.
- They also carry a winless record in their first away matches for 14 seasons.
- Martin Oneill carries the hope of the Potters fans and hope of turning things around after some dismissal performances in recent seasons.
- The pressure is on for the former Northern Ireland boss this season have been backed heavily in the transfer window.
- Stoke has failed to impress in the warm-up matches claiming just one win across five involved.
Millwall vs Stoke City Prediction: H2H
Millwall have Leeds United loanees Charlie Cresswell and Jamie Shackleton on their books and are both in line for debuts.
The hosts have broght in highly-rated Zian Flemming, who has joined from Fortuna Sittard for around £2.25m. The Dutchman bagged 12 goals in each of the last two Eredivisie seasons.
Stoke have been busy in the market and Martin Oneill will be under pressure to deliver.
The Potters have added strength to an already stacked midfield, signing Josh Laurent on a free transfer from Reading and Will Smallbone on loan from Premier League outfit Southampton.
New signings Laurent and Flint should make their competitive debuts for the club.
Millwall possible starting lineup:
Bialkowski; Wallace, Hutchinson, Cooper; Shackleton, Mitchell, Leonard, Malone; Honeyman, Flemming; Afobe
Stoke City possible starting lineup:
Bursik; Flint, Jagielka, Wilmot; Sparrow, Baker, Clucas, Laurent, Tymon; Gayle, Brown
Home & Away Matches
Predictions From Other Sites