Southampton vs Newcastle prediction, betting tips & preview
- Southampton did well to hold Bournemouth on a goalless draw at home to end their three consecutive losses in the league.
- The hosts are at position 16 on the table with six points having won one game, drawn three and lost five.
- They are yet to record a home win having drawn in three games and lost in two.
- Newcastle will be looking to end their poor perform as they travel to St. Mary’s Stadium.
- They suffered a 1-0 loss to Brighton at home to put them at the bottom of the table with two points from two draws as they have lost in the rest of the games.
- The visitors have performed dismally away from home in the four away games they played having lost two and drawn two.
Southampton vs Newcastle prediction: Head to Head
- The two teams met in the beginning of the year where Newcastle recorded a 3-0 win at home.
- In their last five meetings, each team has scored as the match ended in more than three goals in four games.
- Southampton are unbeaten in their last five home meetings with Newcastle having won four games and drawn in one.
OUR PREDICTION: under 2.5 Goals